Family

Family

my favorite things

  • Alaska's mountains
  • Attending the Temple
  • Beau when he's watching a funny movie
  • Child logic
  • Children Laughing
  • Christmas Morning
  • Eternal Perspective
  • Family
  • Finding the perfect shoes
  • Girls Night
  • Going for walks
  • Hanging out with friends
  • Learning new things
  • Mary Kay
  • My Kids
  • Our Dogs
  • Pictures of my kids
  • Playing my Guitar
  • Red leaves
  • Snow on Christmas Eve
  • Texas
  • The gulf of Mexico, Florida coast
  • The harvest moon
  • The Hunger Games
  • Watching old people with thier spouses

Monday, February 1, 2010

Great Grandmas Afghans

Yesterday I went out into the garage and noticed a tote that I had postponed unpacking since we moved from Florida. It was labeled "BLKS" I thought "What blankets are in there?". I took it inside and opened it up. Inside were the afghans my grandma made for me and my kids when they were born, and a quilt she made for me when I was little. The quilt back is made out of a sheet I remember using at her house. It brought back so many memories. I washed all of them, and they were dry right when I was tucking the kids into bed. So tonight I shared with them the story of their Great Grandma crocheting each of them an afghan when they were born. Then covered them in warm right out of the dryer blankets. They have been hauling them around all day. I wanted to keep them hidden away to keep them safe and not let them get dirty or worn. Then I realized they were made to be enjoyed, and my children will love them more if they can use them. So I will let the kids drag them across the floor and wrap up on the couch. Thank you grandma for making these blankets, that will be a reminder of you and all the fun they have at your house! We love you so much!

No comments: