Friday, March 4, 2011
Inspiration
Daniel has to go get genetic testing done in Salt Lake, we are still waiting for an appointment, but while we wait I try and resist the urge to research what it could be. It is hard, but I know I won't find anything. In the mean time I'm learning about genetic diseases in my DNA class at school, and now I have a heightened awareness about children with disabilities. I was standing in line at Albertsons and saw a little paper saying donate to children with Duchene Muscular Dystrophy, before this experience I would have thought, hmm that's nice and no I really don't think a dollar will make a difference. Now I think if that was my child won't I want someone to give? It's only a dollar. I gave a dollar and it felt really good. Daniel has opened my eyes to so many things, he has made me a better person, and I have grown so much from him and the influence he has in our home. It is now my goal to be able to feel like I deserve him, because I'm never sure if I'm good enough to be his mother. I struggle with patience and sometimes it is hard to wait while he walks slowly and complains about not wanting to keep going. He is my inspiration to become a better person and a better mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You know, for you to be able to say that means that you are a wonderful mother! Daniel is a very lucky boy to have you as his mother! I hope that y'all can find some answers soon. Stay strong!
I've always loved being around you - and I admire your great attitude and how easily you can relate to and socialize with people. I hope everything goes well for your sweet family. I miss you and love you! (((hugs)))
Post a Comment