Friday, May 4, 2012
Nathan Broke His Arm
OK so a few weeks ago I was in the ER with my friend, her little boy fell and cracked his scull. I made the comment I was surprised Nathan hadn't broke anything yet. 3 days later Nathan and Emma were putting pillows on the trampoline to sleep outside on it. The enclosure wasn't zipped and Emma hit Nate through the hole. He fell and Broke his arm. Beau didn't think anything was wrong, we iced it and he went to sleep that night. Sunday it still hurt I took him home from church early, Beau still didn't want to pay for the Emergency room insisting there was nothing wrong, but Nate wasn't using his arm at all. Monday morning I took him to our pediatrician and she said sure enough she believed it was fractured and would need X-Rays. We then went and got X-Rays, and took them home on a disc. When I loaded it on the computer I could see the break and then had to wait 2 hours for the doctor to call me and tell me what I already knew. We then had to drive 30 min. down to the pediatric hospital to get a splint and a sling in the ER.
After 3 hours they took care of us and sent us home, telling us to call another doctor to get the cast in a few days. We went and did that today. He has this cast for the next 2 weeks and then will get a shorter water proof cast. He will have that one for 3 weeks and then we will take more X-Rays and make sure it's healed if it isn't we will keep it on longer. If it is he will then get a temporary cast for another couple of weeks. Moral of the story be glad you don't have kids who break things because I am sure this is not our last broken bone. It is so hard to keep him from climbing and now he can't swim for 2 weeks and ride his bike for more than a month. And to top it all off, probably won't be able to ride rides at 6 Flags if we go. We might just stay home instead of torturer him.
I think it's harder on me than him now that he has his real cast his arm doesn't hurt as much and he can move it a little more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment