Family

Family

my favorite things

  • Alaska's mountains
  • Attending the Temple
  • Beau when he's watching a funny movie
  • Child logic
  • Children Laughing
  • Christmas Morning
  • Eternal Perspective
  • Family
  • Finding the perfect shoes
  • Girls Night
  • Going for walks
  • Hanging out with friends
  • Learning new things
  • Mary Kay
  • My Kids
  • Our Dogs
  • Pictures of my kids
  • Playing my Guitar
  • Red leaves
  • Snow on Christmas Eve
  • Texas
  • The gulf of Mexico, Florida coast
  • The harvest moon
  • The Hunger Games
  • Watching old people with thier spouses

Monday, August 6, 2012

The Answer

So after a very long time we have our answer. Daniel has been diagnosed with Friedreich's Ataxia. We are relieved to finally have an answer. You can read more about it here http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/friedreichs_ataxia/detail_friedreichs_ataxia.htm I'm still researching it so I can't answer very many questions because what I know comes off these pages. Here is another site http://www.rarediseases.org/rare-disease-information/rare-diseases/byID/7/viewAbstract Beau and I haven't talked about it because he had to go straight back to work, but we might consider participating in research and now have a cause to raise awareness about. I am also determined to help Daniel live the fullest life and give him every experience I can. Be sure and read how it was inherited, I can explain that more if you need, but the rest I'm still figuring out. One last thing, it will be so nice to walk into school this year and have some information to give the teachers so they know what it is.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Thanks Sandra for sharing, we love you guys and that picture of Daniel is fabulous! --Shannon

- said...

Sandra, Thank you for sharing this. I am so glad that we got to get to know your little boy in scouts! He is a tough kid! I'm sure this is super overwhelming right now and will take time to process. Give yourself time.
I have a brother with disabilities and I look forward to the day when I will know the real him after this life when his differences are taken away. It will be a joy to meet the real Daniel too! Love you!
Noel

Belle said...

I am so glad you finally have an answer. Your contagious smile and determination are inspiring. Daniel is amazing - and he has a wonderful family! You all continue to be in my thoughts & prayers. :)

The Haertlings said...

thanks everyone!

Stephanie T said...

Sandra, I am so happy you guys have gotten an answer to your many, many years of searching and prayers. I have thought of you alot the past few days, I hope that as you discover more about Daniel's prognosis you will find more answers and comfort. You have such a sweet family and wonderful children. I admire you so much!