Family

Family

my favorite things

  • Alaska's mountains
  • Attending the Temple
  • Beau when he's watching a funny movie
  • Child logic
  • Children Laughing
  • Christmas Morning
  • Eternal Perspective
  • Family
  • Finding the perfect shoes
  • Girls Night
  • Going for walks
  • Hanging out with friends
  • Learning new things
  • Mary Kay
  • My Kids
  • Our Dogs
  • Pictures of my kids
  • Playing my Guitar
  • Red leaves
  • Snow on Christmas Eve
  • Texas
  • The gulf of Mexico, Florida coast
  • The harvest moon
  • The Hunger Games
  • Watching old people with thier spouses

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

I was wrong

I was wrong, I thought Daniel didn't notice the stares that people give, but he does. Saturday we went shopping to get Beau some new clothes. While walking through the store I was pushing Daniel, we were wandering around just killing time, trying to keep up with Emma and Nate while Beau was in the dressing room. Suddenly Daniel asked if we could please go home now, he was ready to leave. I asked why and he replied with a I'm tired of people staring at me. I said honey no one is staring and without missing a beat he said she is just as a 2 year old in a cart rolled past. I said she little she stares at everyone. He then told me about the people who had stared. I guess, he does notice it, I just didn't know. Now I'm even more self conscious because I now realize he is aware and it bothers him.

3 comments:

Belle said...

Oh, that is so hard. As a mother that must hurt - you want to protect and help him. But that's something you can't guard against. I'm sure he still feels your love and acceptance. You are amazing and strong. Love and hugs to you and your sweet Daniel.

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

That is hard Sandra. I wish I could tell you how to handle it, but I don't know either. There is a boy about Daniel's age in our complex that has a chair. Brogan loves to play with him, mainly because most of the kids in the complex are older and don't like to play with him, but this boy does. Brogan thinks his chair is the COOLEST! I try to teach Brogan not to stare or yell "HE has a CHAIR!" when he sees people in chairs, but the thing is, he thinks they are so cool. One of Brogan's Sesame street dvds that he has watched for years Features a boy named TJ or "Action Jackson" and he has a chair. That is why Brogan thinks they are so neat. http://www.metacafe.com/watch/hl-17382880/sesame_street_tj_sings_me_and_my_chair_season_35/

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

That link above is a link to "Action Jackson" song, "I have a Chair".