Family

Family

my favorite things

  • Alaska's mountains
  • Attending the Temple
  • Beau when he's watching a funny movie
  • Child logic
  • Children Laughing
  • Christmas Morning
  • Eternal Perspective
  • Family
  • Finding the perfect shoes
  • Girls Night
  • Going for walks
  • Hanging out with friends
  • Learning new things
  • Mary Kay
  • My Kids
  • Our Dogs
  • Pictures of my kids
  • Playing my Guitar
  • Red leaves
  • Snow on Christmas Eve
  • Texas
  • The gulf of Mexico, Florida coast
  • The harvest moon
  • The Hunger Games
  • Watching old people with thier spouses

Monday, September 17, 2012

Realizations

To the girl who just parked in the handicap spot in front of the school and yelled at me when I showed you my tag to make sure you had one, because I am sick of parents parking there to drop there kids off who are perfectly fine and can walk. I apologized to you and felt bad when you did have one, until I watched you walk perfectly fine at a hurried pace into the building, leaving a guy in your passenger seat who i'M ASSUMING THE TAG WAS INTENDED FOR. I just wish you had stuck around long enough to see me carry my son to his walker which was behind your car because there was a curb on one side of my van and your car on the other. and I wish you had been there to hear him say ouch mom you're hurting my ribs, from me having to hold so tight because he can't help hold himself up. Because Quite frankly you are a rude ignorant witch(I wanted to call her something else) and I chose to leave before I had to see you again, I am hoping your passenger will make you feel like crap for what you did this morning. - a mom so sick of ignorant dip sticks Reasons why we need the spot, first Daniel needs access to the ramp, he can't take his walker up stairs or over curbs and grass is difficult as well. Second we need that extra space one one side to put his walker when he gets out. I don't use my handicap tag unless Daniel is with me. Ok I did use it when Nate had his broken leg, but I figured we needed it then. :) I am now super aware of others who are handicapped. I am also thankful at church people let us have the handicap bench, which we share with an older couple. The husband is in a wheel chair, they sit on one end and we sit on the other so Daniels walker and eventually wheelchair can be parked next to us without being in the way.
Over the last few weeks I have realized for the majority of my life, most of the decisions I make will all be based around Daniel and how they will affect him. Everything from where we live, jobs that beau will take, how we spend our money, jobs I can take, what we will do for vacation, how we will get there, where we sit in church, where we sit when we eat out,and so many more. I am also aware that now when ever we go any where people stare, so I can no longer pretend to be invisible, we have to talk to people so they move out of the way, and I also see how uncomfortable Daniel makes them as we walk by, they don't know how to react. That's ok, I understand.

1 comment:

Abbykins and BeccaBee said...

The second you become a parent, even before they're born, your life is not your own anymore. I know every parent's life revolves around their children but you've got so much more than most to keep track of! You're an inspiration and shining example for any mother to look up to and we love you and your family to bits!