Family

Family

my favorite things

  • Alaska's mountains
  • Attending the Temple
  • Beau when he's watching a funny movie
  • Child logic
  • Children Laughing
  • Christmas Morning
  • Eternal Perspective
  • Family
  • Finding the perfect shoes
  • Girls Night
  • Going for walks
  • Hanging out with friends
  • Learning new things
  • Mary Kay
  • My Kids
  • Our Dogs
  • Pictures of my kids
  • Playing my Guitar
  • Red leaves
  • Snow on Christmas Eve
  • Texas
  • The gulf of Mexico, Florida coast
  • The harvest moon
  • The Hunger Games
  • Watching old people with thier spouses

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Staying Strong

You know when you look at that mom you see every week, or day, the one with the child who has special needs? And when you see her you always think, wow, she is amazing, she is so strong, she is so much better than me. I don't know how she does it. Well let me tell you a secret, we don't feel strong, we don't feel amazing, and we don't feel better than you. Most of the time we are tired, we are wondering how we have held on as long as we have, but mostly we know we have made it because we have help. We have people to lean on, and friends who care, and we have prayer. I just realized I am one of those women, I didn't see it before but now that I realize people are constantly watching me, I realized I am that woman, who people think is strong and amazing. We are only strong because if you aren't you wouldn't survive, we are strong for our children, to make sure we don't show them we are afraid. I act strong so Daniel doesn't know that every time he goes to school I pray they take care of him, and treat him with kindness. That I will see him at the end of the day smiling and happy. That when the phone rings and it's the school that it isn't the nurse telling me it's an emergency. I can relate to the mom in this video so much. This is what we are going through. Click the link and watch it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBKEz952RY4&feature=player_embedded Thursday we are doing a wheel chair fitting for Daniel. I am excited and sad all at the same time. I am however trying to stay positive, by focusing on how it will help Daniel. Instead of how he is losing his ability to walk and gets tired much faster. On another note, I have decided to get into extremely good shape so that I will be able to assist Daniel more even as he gets bigger. Which I guess means I'm getting both physically and emotionally stronger, which are both good things.

2 comments:

Jannet said...

I still think that about you. :) I feel that way every time I have to give Lenna an injection in public, when people say, "I could never do that!" I always reply, "yes you could. If it meant keeping your kid alive, you wouldn't hesitate to do it." Ever wonder if our kids are here to teach us about life, not the other way around?
Love you both.

Belle said...

Sandra, you *are amazing. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings. :) That was a great video link. I can't begin to imagine. But I know it's true, that we each rise to the occasion before us. Like your friend, Jannet, said - our children are the best education we could ever recieve. :)