Family

Family

my favorite things

  • Alaska's mountains
  • Attending the Temple
  • Beau when he's watching a funny movie
  • Child logic
  • Children Laughing
  • Christmas Morning
  • Eternal Perspective
  • Family
  • Finding the perfect shoes
  • Girls Night
  • Going for walks
  • Hanging out with friends
  • Learning new things
  • Mary Kay
  • My Kids
  • Our Dogs
  • Pictures of my kids
  • Playing my Guitar
  • Red leaves
  • Snow on Christmas Eve
  • Texas
  • The gulf of Mexico, Florida coast
  • The harvest moon
  • The Hunger Games
  • Watching old people with thier spouses

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

We Are Almost Done

This time we've spent apart has made me stronger than I thought I could ever be. When Beau left for OTS I was scared to death. I stood tall, told him not to worry, I would be fine, but I was terrified. Afraid I would fail as a mother while he was gone. He helped so much around the house and with the kids that I wasn't sure how it was going to go. I was afraid to fall asleep, afraid one(Daniel) would need something and I wouldn't wake up, I found it hard to sleep at first and would wait up for Beau's call or text and then fall asleep due to pure exhaustion after it arrived. Over the last month I have learned that a nap can fix your whole week, your kids would rather stay home and snuggle watching movies and eating popcorn than go anywhere, and that I am stronger than I thought. I am so proud of Beau and his accomplishments while he has been away, he is amazing, I always knew he was amazing, but he doesn't always see it so I have to remind him. I think I tell him everyday. Only 20 days left, we still have no idea where we are going and no idea when we are moving but I am learning patience in the process. And this helps me remember why he is gone, to become a leader, to make our lives better, and to provide for our kids. How did I get so lucky?

No comments: